Positive Leadership has also been recognised as a Top 50 Leadership Expert to Follow on Twitter.
Follow us on Twitter @posleadership
Friday, October 11, 2013
A few truths about great mentors:
* a mentor will help me to be self-dependent
* a mentor can have tremendous coaching skills and not impose answers.
* my mentor should bring clarity of distance
* a great mentor is a great communicator: succinct, simple and specific
* a great mentor can learn from me
* a great mentor can share stories of his/her own failures and weaknesses
* a great mentor can also ask me for advice
* a great mentor can be a sponsor (ie. open doors and speak highly of me).
The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires. - William Arthur Ward