The Positive Leadership Blog has been recognised as a Top 50 Leadership Blog by the number of pages indexed by Google and as one of the Top 100 Most Socially Shared Leadership Blogs of 2013.
Positive Leadership has also been recognised as a Top 50 Leadership Expert to Follow on Twitter.
Follow us on Twitter @posleadership
LEADERSHIP IS A PROCESS OF SOCIAL INFLUENCE, WHICH MAXIMISES THE EFFORTS OF OTHERS TOWARDS THE ACHIEVEMENT OF A SHARED GOAL.
Friday, October 11, 2013
A few truths about great mentors:
* a mentor will help me to be self-dependent
* a mentor can have tremendous coaching skills and not impose answers.
* my mentor should bring clarity of distance
* a great mentor is a great communicator: succinct, simple and specific
* a great mentor can learn from me
* a great mentor can share stories of his/her own failures and weaknesses
* a great mentor can also ask me for advice
* a great mentor can be a sponsor (ie. open doors and speak highly of me).
The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires. - William Arthur Ward