The Positive Leadership Blog has been recognised as a Top 50 Leadership Blog by the number of pages indexed by Google and as one of the Top 100 Most Socially Shared Leadership Blogs of 2013.
Positive Leadership has also been recognised as a Top 50 Leadership Expert to Follow on Twitter.
Follow us on Twitter @posleadership
LEADERSHIP IS A PROCESS OF SOCIAL INFLUENCE, WHICH MAXIMISES THE EFFORTS OF OTHERS TOWARDS THE ACHIEVEMENT OF A SHARED GOAL.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
When business legend Jack Welch says that great leaders have lots of positive energy and Pete Carroll, former coach of USC football credits positive energy as a key ingredient to winning two national championships, people listen, take notice and start asking questions. What is positive energy? How do I develop it as a leader? How can I infuse my team with it?
In order to build a positive company, then, it is essential that there is not only a positive leader but a positive leadership executive team who believes in nurturing and developing a culture of positive energy.
If you have positive energy trickling up the organisation but your leaders and managers are causing negativity to flow down, the positive energy gets surrounded like the sun on a dark, cloudy day, creating a negative culture. With this in mind, it is important to ‘nurture the root’. Leaders who run successful, positive companies know that when you take care of the root of the tree you will always be pleased with the fruit it supplies. If you ignore the root, eventually the tree will dry up and so will the fruit.
To fuel your business and generate growth with positive energy and ingrain it in everything you do here are a few best practices and strategies that will get you and your team moving in the right direction:
· Hire Positive People and Enhance Communication
· Fill the Void with Positive Energy - constantly and systematically
· Eliminate Energy Vampires
· Drive with a Shared Vision and Purpose. (Vision helps everyone in the organisation see the road ahead and focus on the goals that will lead to their destination while purpose inspires them to work longer, harder and more passionately.)
- UNDERSTANDING WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO
- UNDERSTANDING WHY A BUSINESS MATTERS TO ITS EMPLOYEES
- LEADERS NEEDING TO BE WHAT THEY WANT TO SEE.