The Positive Leadership Blog has been recognised as a Top 50 Leadership Blog by the number of pages indexed by Google and as one of the Top 100 Most Socially Shared Leadership Blogs of 2013.
Positive Leadership has also been recognised as a Top 50 Leadership Expert to Follow on Twitter.
Follow us on Twitter @posleadership
LEADERSHIP IS A PROCESS OF SOCIAL INFLUENCE, WHICH MAXIMISES THE EFFORTS OF OTHERS TOWARDS THE ACHIEVEMENT OF A SHARED GOAL.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Dave Brailsford is British Cycling's performance director and the general manager of Team Sky.
His presiding philosophy is that a sports practitioner simply needs to be the best they can be and then everything else will follow.
"You can't do better than your best," he says. "So what we have to do is ensure that every single rider performs at the absolute best of their ability. If that ability is going to be good enough then fantastic, but if it is not, it's not."
"I think people always see the reasons why they can't win," he says. "I have always been someone who thinks why can't I? I think 'why can't I' has been my sort of guiding philosophy.
For more, see - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/7734030/Dave-Brailsford-leads-Team-Skys-search-for-a-British-winner-in-the-Tour-de-France.html
Excellence Under Pressure is one of the values of Positive Leadership.
- UNDER PRESSURE, WE HAVE MORE TIME THAN WE FEEL WE HAVE – USE IT AS A CATALYST FOR ACTION RATHER THAN A CATALYST FOR PANIC
- HOPING FOR THE BEST OR RELYING ON LUCK INDUCES STRESS – MANAGE IT BY ADEQUATE PLANNING
- PREPARE AND PRACTICE - REDUCE RISK BY CONTROLLING AND MASTERING AS MANY VARIABLES AS POSSIBLE
- STICK TO WHAT WORKS – CRITICAL SITUATIONS ARE NOT TIMES TO TRY OUT NEW TECHNIQUES AND TACTICS
- RESIST THE TEMPTATION TO RETREAT – REVIEW TACTICS, STICK TO THE BASICS, REVERT TO TRIED AND TESTED PLAN B OR C
- YOU CAN ONLY DO YOUR BEST – MAKE SURE YOU DO