'Leadership: It’s the X-factor that can make or break a company. It’s more than just squishy soft skills. It’s about being real – we can all spot a phony a mile away; it’s influencing and inspiring to get long term, sustainable results. And it’s a company’s biggest lever for increasing productivity and performance.
The Minnesota High Tech Association is leading efforts to develop next-generation leaders through the ACE Leadership Program, an initiative now entering its fifth year. The purpose of the ACE Leadership Program is to develop and connect our region’s next-generation technology company leaders and to assist them in preparing for the important roles they will play in making and keeping our region globally competitive.
The ACE Leadership Program believes effectives leaders:
- Are aware of and understand their individual strengths and leadership skills.
- Effectively communicate their beliefs and use their leadership skills as advocates.
- Collaborate effectively, respecting differences in leadership styles.
- Create lasting value for their companies and their communities by doing so.
- Increase awareness of, explore and develop their leadership strengths (and uncover blind spots) in an applied, real-world setting.
- Explore issues that are important to keep their company’s and our region’s tech-based economy globally competitive.
- Test and improve their ability to communicate and advocate for these issues.
- Connect and collaborate with regional leaders and other next-generation leaders to drive innovation and have a positive impact on their organizations and communities.
“Innovation,” “partnering” and “collaboration” must be more than buzz words if Minnesota technology companies are to remain globally competitive. Through the MHTA ACE Leadership Program, broad networks are being forged and leadership skills are being honed among the CEOs and community leaders of tomorrow.'