The Positive Leadership Blog has been recognised as a Top 50 Leadership Blog by the number of pages indexed by Google and as one of the Top 100 Most Socially Shared Leadership Blogs of 2013.
Positive Leadership has also been recognised as a Top 50 Leadership Expert to Follow on Twitter.
Follow us on Twitter @posleadership
LEADERSHIP IS A PROCESS OF SOCIAL INFLUENCE, WHICH MAXIMISES THE EFFORTS OF OTHERS TOWARDS THE ACHIEVEMENT OF A SHARED GOAL.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Here are the leadership lessons of a lifetime of service from the President of Israel and Nobel Peace Prize winner Shimon Peres:
1. Leaders must not be afraid of being alone.
2. They must have the courage to be afraid.
3. A leader must decide. He should not agree or disagree. He says “yes” or “no.”
4. A leader must pioneer, not rule.
5. A leader is not on the top of his people but ahead of them in front.
6. Leadership is extremely hard work.
7. When you have a chosen a destiny . . . never give up.
8. Leadership is based on a moral call.
9. What is right today is different tomorrow.
10. It’s not enough to be up to date; you have to be up tomorrow.
11. To lead is to listen, to pay attention to every detail, to decide.
12. Everything that once was controversial ultimately becomes popular.