- What do I want to achieve from this relationship?
- What does my potential colleague want to achieve?
- How can I weave these sets of wants together so we are both satisfied?
- What can I give up without undermining my overall goal?
- What can my counterpart bring to the table that might not be immediately obvious?
- What new solutions serve our common goal?
The Positive Leadership Blog has been recognised as a Top 50 Leadership Blog by the number of pages indexed by Google and as one of the Top 100 Most Socially Shared Leadership Blogs of 2013.
Positive Leadership has also been recognised as a Top 50 Leadership Expert to Follow on Twitter.
Follow us on Twitter @posleadership
LEADERSHIP IS A PROCESS OF SOCIAL INFLUENCE, WHICH MAXIMISES THE EFFORTS OF OTHERS TOWARDS THE ACHIEVEMENT OF A SHARED GOAL.
Thursday, February 17, 2011
All successful influencers cultivate collaboration to form productive relationships. Effective influence results from two-way dialogue, not manipulation.
Here are six questions to ask yourself when forming productive partnerships:
"The secret is to gang up on the problem, rather than each other." - Thomas Stallkamp