The Positive Leadership Blog has been recognised as a Top 50 Leadership Blog by the number of pages indexed by Google and as one of the Top 100 Most Socially Shared Leadership Blogs of 2013.
Positive Leadership has also been recognised as a Top 50 Leadership Expert to Follow on Twitter.
Follow us on Twitter @posleadership
LEADERSHIP IS A PROCESS OF SOCIAL INFLUENCE, WHICH MAXIMISES THE EFFORTS OF OTHERS TOWARDS THE ACHIEVEMENT OF A SHARED GOAL.
Thursday, February 24, 2011
The ethics you live out as you go about your work can provide the foundation for excellence. The high calibre organisation is, after all, merely a reflection of its people.
A true leader’s success is not measured by their individual accomplishments – it’s measured by the impact they have on those they lead.
Leading means giving others continuous opportunities to learn and grow. Regardless of your title or position of authority within your workplace, you can show your leadership abilities by empowering others on a daily basis.
Start by asking yourself the following questions:
- What strengths, experiences or best practices can I share with my colleagues that may enhance their overall performance?
- Do I have a colleague who I can help to achieve his/her professional goals?
- Which of my colleagues would benefit from additional or new responsibilities?
- Do I have any tasks or projects that I can delegate in order to provide a colleague with a new, enriching experience?
- How can I make time in my daily schedule to follow-up and ensure that my colleagues are able to come to me with any questions, concerns or problems they may encounter.
When you provide others with new experiences and help them remove obstacles in their path to success, you enhance their knowledge, confidence and ability to achieve peak performance. Start today by identifying one colleague who could benefit from any specific knowledge, skills or guidance you can provide. Then commit to their development by empowering them to learn, grow and achieve new heights of success.