The Positive Leadership Blog has been recognised as a Top 50 Leadership Blog by the number of pages indexed by Google and as one of the Top 100 Most Socially Shared Leadership Blogs of 2013.
Positive Leadership has also been recognised as a Top 50 Leadership Expert to Follow on Twitter.
Follow us on Twitter @posleadership
LEADERSHIP IS A PROCESS OF SOCIAL INFLUENCE, WHICH MAXIMISES THE EFFORTS OF OTHERS TOWARDS THE ACHIEVEMENT OF A SHARED GOAL.
Monday, April 16, 2012
Here are ten principles for building a successful entrepreneurial ecosystem:
(1) Stop emulating Silicon Valley.
(2) Shape the ecosystem around local conditions.
(3) Engage the private sector early.
(4) Favour the high potentials.
(5) Get a big win on the board.
(6) Tackle cultural change head-on.
(7) Stress the roots.
(8) Don't over-engineer clusters; help them grow organically.
(9) Reform legal, regulatory, and bureaucratic frameworks.
(10) Ensure that there is clear leadership within the system, such that connectivity is implicit.
Each of these is critical to entrepreneurship - yet insufficient to sustain it. They key is to integrate them all into one holistic system.