- Develop people.
- Know what they do best and leverage it.
- Clearly define expectations.
- Trust them to act.
- Support them when they fail.
- Always give credit and take blame. No one likes seeing a blamer.
- Believe in them – you’re on their team.
- See opportunities more than problems.
- Help find solutions.
- Keep out of the way.
- Encourage, enable, and inspire.
- Protect from bureaucracy.
- Value them as individuals.
- Don’t talk about yourself, too much. Let people know you, however.
- Don’t talk on and on ….
- Make people feel listened to by asking more than stating.
Positive Leadership has also been recognised as a Top 50 Leadership Expert to Follow on Twitter.
Follow us on Twitter @posleadership
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
16 ways to build positive work environments:
Bonus: Give others what you wish others would give you.