The Positive Leadership Blog has been recognised as a Top 50 Leadership Blog by the number of pages indexed by Google and as one of the Top 100 Most Socially Shared Leadership Blogs of 2013.
Positive Leadership has also been recognised as a Top 50 Leadership Expert to Follow on Twitter.
Follow us on Twitter @posleadership
LEADERSHIP IS A PROCESS OF SOCIAL INFLUENCE, WHICH MAXIMISES THE EFFORTS OF OTHERS TOWARDS THE ACHIEVEMENT OF A SHARED GOAL.
Sunday, October 24, 2010
How to enhance your management 'presence' instead of detracting from it:
- Early in your career, smarten up. Later, when you’ve proven yourself, you can relax.
- Dress for your audience. If you’re presenting or in an important meeting and key people will be wearing business attire, you should too. If you’re not sure, play it conservatively.
- Dress the way you feel comfortable. Otherwise, it’ll show.
- In most industries, super-fashionable attire is overdoing it. There are ways to stand out without looking like you’re trying to stand out.
- Don’t dress like a clone, unless that’s really you.
- Work isn’t a circus so don’t dress like a clown.
- If you’re not Steve Jobs, don’t dress like him. He can pull it off; you can’t. Get your own uniform!