- How solid your self-esteem is.
- The extent to which you believe that you can control your own destiny.
- Your experiences of overcoming adversity in the past.
If you want to shorten the time it takes to get back on your feet, try this:
- Ask yourself how it will look when you no longer have your
- Spend time visualising yourself in that picture and imagining
how you'll feel.
- Do it over and over, day after day, week after week.
- List your strengths and past accomplishments and add to
that list on a daily basis.
At the same time:
- Set and prioritise some immediate, short-term goals to
improve your situation.
- Write a detailed plan of action for the top three, including
day and time.
Once you've accomplished a few short-term goals, you may feel ready to do some long-term visioning and goal-setting.